Today, I’m not only hovering over the “Once you are ready to launch your site click here” link. On this, the third of April, two-thousand-seventeen, I’m actually clicking on it.
I started planning this blog last summer, and back then I had many excuses why I couldn’t take the time to just make this thing a go.
They were good excuses, don’t get me wrong!
- I was trying to find employment.
- I was struggling to empty my house as a precursor to moving when it sold.
- I was worried about whether or not the house would sell (worrying covered much of my free time).
- I was preparing my twins to enter middle school – both physically and emotionally.
- I was attempting to secure a mortgage.
- I was finalizing a divorce.
- I was closing on a house (yay!)
- I was moving into a house.
- I was getting settled into a house.
However, the biggest obstacle to launching was my fear that everything had to be perfect before I could let people see it. This perpetual worrier wanted to be certain there weren’t any mistakes.
But as I’m starting over and attempting to look at life in a new way, I’m noticing that waiting for perfection has often held me back, and has kept me from taking chances.
So, despite the fact that I haven’t checked this post for readability, haven’t analyzed its SEO potential, haven’t designed a separate visual for Pinterest, and don’t yet know how I will incentivize sign-ups, I’m pulling the trigger.
If you look around the site, you’ll notice I’ve already populated the blog with posts so you can get a feel for who I am and the kinds of things I write. But I’m open to suggestions. If there’s a topic you’d like me to address, I’d be happy to explore it and to offer my opinions.
Thanks for reading and participating. I look forward to sharing and exchanging ideas with you!